Letting Out Your Property

At H Thomas Property, we understand how important it is you to get it right when you are making a long term investment within the property industry. We are flexible to your requirements as an investor and have a range of packages which range from Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum which can be tailored to meet both your requirements and budget.

Everything you need to know
  • Contact us via email 24/7
  • Most Convenient Estate Agents within Staffordshire & Cheshire/li>
  • We offer a free, no obligation property valuation/li>
  • There are no upfront advertising costs/li>
  • We fully vet all tenants/li>
  • We carry out regular tenancy inspections/li>
  • We keep expenditure and maintenance costs reasonable/li>
  • We can provide a full property inventory for protection of both Landlords and Tenants/li>
  • We will arrange the necessary certificates required for the property/li>

    All appliances left in the property for tenants to use should be certified as safe (gas and electric appliances) and be in working order. Please try to leave user manuals for any appliances and central heating/hot water systems. All must be maintained. Any guarantees and services contracts must be provided to our office.


    Properties must start in a clean and good condition.


    We are happy to provide a guidance on how to furnish the property if the property is on a furnished basis.


    Gardens should be in good condition and with no rubbish left at the property. Lawns must be cut.


    Properties should be clean and tidy ready for tenants to move straight into and tenants are responsible to keep it just as clean, if they fail to do so it will be done at there expense.


    If the property is mortgaged then please obtain permission for letting the property from the mortgage provider. A copy of the lease agreement can be provided if the lender may need it.


    Please make your insurance provider aware that you are letting out your property as failure to do so may invalidate your policies. We can offer contacts for insurance providers.


    If you are a resident in the UK, it is your responsibility to inform the Inland Revenue of rental income.


    If the property is leasehold then you will need to check the terms of your lease, and please provide us with consent before letting.

    Bills, Mortgage and Outgoings

    Please make sure all outgoings, service charges, mortgages etc are all paid on time.


    It is a requirement that properties are LET with the following safety certificates

  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
  • Electrical Certificate
  • Gas Certificate
  • Legionnaires Certificate
  • Properties are also required to be fitted with Smoke Alarm Carbon Monoxide Detector
  • Share this page...Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page